Trees for the weans
- The city is a living museum of architecture and plant life. Whilst many buildings of interest have plaques or information boards detailing information about them for the public, not many (or any?) 'trees of interest' have anything like this. I think this is a great shame as knowing a little more about the green life around us would improve our relationship with it.Personally, I spend a lot of my time walking past some of Zurich's glorious trees and wondering things like how old it is or what type of tree it is.Thus, I think it would be very educational for children and adults alike to have plaques or information boards next to selected trees/bushes to help make them more visible and alive to all of us.I would do this by hiring a tree specialist (I am not one) to identify the trees. This information would then be passed onto a designer who would design the information boards per tree.I'd hope to implement this for at least 10 trees in East Zurich.
- What added value does your idea offer for the climate & the environment or children & young people?
- Long-term symbiotic relationship with the climate inherently derives from understanding and appreciation for the green world around us. Having this knowledge accessible to youth (and adults) in the area as they grow up would help foster this appreciation.
- I will implement the project myself (optionally together with other individuals). In January 2022 I am already of age.
- Here you can voluntarily publish more information about you / your group.
- Where does your idea take place?
- East Zurich
- Does your idea (partially) take place on public space?
January - Identification of trees
February - Compilation and design of information boards
March/April/May - Ordering and installation of physical information boards
- Total requested budget (in CHF):
- Budget breakdown
- Tree consultancy specialist (1 day) - CHF 1000
Graphic designer (2/3 days) - CHF 2000
Information boards - CHF 4000 (10x CHF 400)
Installation equipment - CHF 100
- Remarks / Open Questions
- Thank you very much for this opportunity. It is so nice to live in a city where these types of things can happen. Even if my idea is not plausible, it was still really nice to think about the city in this way. :-)
This idea has been approved for the vote.
We are happy to admit this idea to the vote! The voting will take place from October 25th to November 7th 2021 here on the platform.
In addition, we would like to give you the following feedback from the city administration: "This idea can be realised if the boards are not attached directly to the trees and a suitable anchoring and placement is agreed with the person responsible for maintenance at Grün Stadt Zürich, which cannot cause any damage to the tree. Inscriptions with false, misleading or offensive content can be removed. Signs on public ground must also be approved by the Advertising Department."
List of Endorsements
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?