The 100 tree trail
- Planting a wide diversity of bushes and trees along the train track between the Triemli and Schweighof S10 stations (on Marie-Heim-Vögtlin-Weg), together with some explanations for each (name, benefits, etc).For example:
- fruit trees: apple, almonds, plum, fig, pears, hazelnut
- blackcurrant, redcurrant, blueberries, serviceberry, sanddorn
- honeysuckle, lilac, rosendeutzia, seven-son flower, elderberry, etc
- What added value does your idea offer for the climate & the environment or children & young people?
- The idea is to bring various benefits for the environment and people:
- flowers as food for insects
- berries as food for birds
- shade and nicer walk for pedestrians walking the path (reduce heat spots)
- educating children (and adults as well) about diversity of plants
- I am entering the project on behalf of an organization / legal entity (e.g. association) and would like to carry out the project on its behalf.
- Here you can voluntarily publish more information about you / your group.
- Where does your idea take place?
- In Wiedikon Friesenberg, between the Triemli and Schweighof S10 stations (on Marie-Heim-Vögtlin-Weg).
- Does your idea (partially) take place on public space?
- Planting in spring, making the signs in the following months (depending on what exactly can be planted).
- Total requested budget (in CHF):
- Budget breakdown
- - Trees/bushes: CHF 40-75.- piece, 100 pieces: ~ CHF 6500.-
- support for the trees: CHF 300.-
- signs: CHF 1500.-
- soil and mulch: CHF100.-
- tools: CHF 100.-
- margin: CHF 1000.-
- Remarks / Open Questions
The following element is a map which presents the items on this page as map points. The element can be used with a screen reader but it may be hard to understand.Skip map
This idea has not been accepted for the vote, because:
Thank you for submitting this idea. We have reviewed it internally and have unfortunately come to the conclusion that we cannot allow this idea to be voted on. We are happy to forward the reasoning to you: "The planting of trees in urban areas is only carried out by Grün Stadt Zürich or specialised companies, as a great many factors have to be taken into account. In addition, no new trees can be planted in the direct track area."
List of Endorsements
Report inappropriate content
Is this content inappropriate?