You can find information about the process and tips for planning and submitting your idea here. If you need help using the platform, you can look here.
- What is the Stadtidee?
- What is the goal of the Stadtidee?
- Where will the Stadtidee be implemented?
- Are there other examples of participatory budgeting?
- Where does the money for the Stadtidee come from?
- Who is working on the Stadtidee?
- How are the city idea and the neighborhood idea connected?
- Who can participate?
- How can I participate?
- What ideas are allowed and what happens to them?
- Can I submit more than one idea?
- Who can vote?
- Who will implement my idea?
- How do I find fellow campaigners or how can I join an existing idea?
- How do I create a realistic budget?
- How can I get money for my effort?
You can't find what you are looking for?
Then you can find more tips here and ask your question directly.
It takes a village...
The Stadtidee only works thanks to the tireless commitment of a large number of people and institutions! We would like to make special mention of Urban Equipe, who are our implementation partners, the graphics collective Kabeljau for the graphics, the OJA Offene Jugendarbeit Zürich for their uncomplicated support in activating and supporting young people, and the association Nextzürich for their many years of commitment to a participatory budget in Zurich.
Between September 2020 and February 2021, the "Quartieridee" tested a participatory process for collecting ideas and budgeting hyperlocal projects - specifically in the Wipkingen neighbourhood - for the first time in Zurich. As part of the Quartieridee, 40,000 Swiss francs were distributed to ideas in Wipkingen in a participatory manner.
The aim of the "Quartieridee" was to gather experience and find out how and under what conditions such a participatory process can work in Zurich. The ZKB anniversary dividend has now given the Zurich city administration the opportunity to extend the "Quartier...
Our experience has shown that active networking in the neighborhood can be crucial for many ideas.
... you are looking for fellow campaigners to implement your idea together with you?
First of all, it is important that you mention this clearly in your idea description. Use activating language ("Join in!", "Let's create something together") to motivate other city dwellers. Also, show that you are open to developing your idea with new collaborators. If you suddenly have a lot of people who would like to implement the idea, it is worthwhile to start thinking about a structure. You can find more in...
Have you never written a budget before? Or do you just want some support in calculating your project costs? Then you can use this template. It contains the most important points you should consider.
You should consider the following points when entering your city idea. Of course, depending on your idea, some items may not be needed, while others may be added.
- Room rent
- Permit costs
- Material (wood, decoration, pens, carpet, ...)
- Technical and equipment rent
- Fees (e.g. SUISA)
- Printing costs (flyers, posters, ...)
- Shipping costs
- Insurance (liability, legal protecti ...