You can find information about the process and tips for planning and submitting your idea here. If you need help using the platform, you can look here.
- What is the Stadtidee?
- What is the goal of the Stadtidee?
- Where will the Stadtidee be implemented?
- Are there other examples of participatory budgeting?
- Where does the money for the Stadtidee come from?
- Who is working on the Stadtidee?
- How are the city idea and the neighborhood idea connected?
- Who can participate?
- How can I participate?
- What ideas are allowed and what happens to them?
- Can I submit more than one idea?
- Who can vote?
- Who will implement my idea?
- How do I find fellow campaigners or how can I join an existing idea?
- How do I create a realistic budget?
- How can I get money for my effort?
You can't find what you are looking for?
Then you can find more tips here and ask your question directly.
The Stadtidee is the first city-wide participatory budget of the City of Zurich. It is an attempt to enable more people to shape their neighbourhood and have their say. Zurich residents can submit ideas for changing their neighbourhood as well as vote on the best ideas for the distribution of a budget of 540,000 Swiss francs.
The Stadtidee is testing a new form of participation in Zurich. With the Stadtidee, Zurich residents will have more direct influence on the development of their neighbourhood - even people who have not had much political say so far, such as young people or people without a Swiss passport. In addition, political representatives, city planners and the city administration gain easy access to hyperlocal knowledge and the needs of neighbourhood users. This pilot project will test whether and under what conditions such a process is suitable for the city of Zurich in the future.
The Stadtidee will be carried out throughout the city of Zurich. The budget will be divided by population among the four areas of Zurich North (districts 11 and 12), East (districts 1, 6, 7 and 8), South (districts 2, 3 and 4) and West (districts 5, 9 and 10).
The Stadtidee is open to all natural and legal persons (domiciled) in Switzerland: you may participate, regardless of age, nationality, place of residence, proficiency with digital platforms or democratic participation.
We are looking for ideas that offer added value for the city of Zurich. We therefore explicitly invite people to participate who live, work or spend their free time in Zurich and thus feel connected to the city.