How do I create a realistic budget?
Have you never written a budget before? Or do you just want some support in calculating your project costs? Then you can use this template. It contains the most important points you should consider.
You should consider the following points when entering your city idea. Of course, depending on your idea, some items may not be needed, while others may be added.
- Room rent
- Permit costs
- Material (wood, decoration, pens, carpet, ...)
- Technical and equipment rent
- Fees (e.g. SUISA)
- Printing costs (flyers, posters, ...)
- Shipping costs
- Insurance (liability, legal protection, ...)
- Transport costs
- Travel expenses / accommodation costs
ATTENTION: if you want to calculate personal costs, you have to follow this instruction sheet
- Salary for XY [if you want to charge salary for yourself, for example, you need an association/organization that employs you for this; please indicate the employer].
- Fee for XY [persons who are self-employed can charge a fee on their own account; often craftsmen, graphic designers, photographers etc. are self-employed].
- Expenses for XY [for smaller amounts you can pay a lump sum, e.g. as a small thank you for an assignment].
We recommend to have a reserve for unexpected expenses (e.g. 10% of the total costs).
- Admissions (participation must be possible free of charge; a collection may be made)
- Sale of products (no budgeted income may be made with the sale of products)
- Own services / contributions
- Other sponsorships
Important tip: Don't calculate the costs too tightly! Be honest with yourself and consider: "How much money do I need to implement the idea without stress?"
Are you younger than 25 years?
Then you can also show the budget at one of these OJAs (Open Youth Work), they will give you feedback:
- Here you can find out which OJA is responsible for your neighborhood.
- If you have any questions, you can use this form to contact the office. They will assign you to a person in your neighborhood.
Need more support?
- Write your question as a comment here.
- Come to one of the open Q&A sessions with the Urban Equipe with as specific questions as possible.
You can also read their practical tips in the freely available handbook ORGANISIERT EUCH! from p. 297.