*Please note that this is a non-legal translation of the German conditions of participation. For any legal matters, please refer to the German version.*
With the "Stadtidee", Zurich residents are invited to submit their suggestions for the design, usage or change of their neighbourhood. The project is testing the city-wide implementation of a participatory budget. Ideas related to the topics of climate and the environment as well as children and young people are being sought. The project is based on GRB 2020 No. 464, as well as the strategic focus "Testing Smart Participation".
- Individuals residing in Switzerland. Minors need an adult representation (at the latest by the time of disbursement).
- Groups: Groups of natural persons. These groups must be represented by a project initiator residing in Switzerland.
- Legal entities: Legal entities (e.g. associations) domiciled in Switzerland as well as groups of legal entities domiciled in Switzerland.
II. Requirements for the submission or idea
- The idea is related to at least one of the two thematic priorities "Children and Young People" or "Climate and Environment".
- The idea is publicly accessible and has a direct connection to the neighbourhood.
- The idea does not result in a profit.
- The idea can be implemented independently by the person who came up with it.
- The idea can be realised by the end of 2022 at the latest. Exceptions must be discussed with the Zurich Office for Urban Development.
- Ideas that exclusively serve individual interests are explicitly excluded.
- The City of Zurich's contribution to the realisation of the idea amounts to at least CHF 1,000 and a maximum of CHF 9,999.
- The applicable legal regulations (e.g. with regard to social insurance, withholding tax, value added tax, foreigners' law, data protection, event permits) will be observed in the planning and realisation of the idea.
III. Project procedure
(1) Submission of project applications
(2) Participation and exclusion from voting
If all requirements for the idea (see section II) are cumulatively fulfilled, ideas will be released for voting on the platform.
The City of Zurich makes the decision to admit ideas to the vote solely and conclusively. It endeavours to give reasons for rejection or exclusion, but is not obliged to do so (cf. Section IV, para. 7 of these Conditions of Participation).
The City of Zurich may exclude ideas from participation in the ballot if they do not meet the above conditions of participation, may have disadvantages for the City of Zurich or third parties, are morally indefensible, legally inadmissible, obviously immature, have an unrealistic budget or an unrealistic implementation plan. This exclusion catalogue is not exhaustive.
If the City of Zurich only becomes aware of the violation of the conditions of participation after the vote, the participants are obliged, at the request of the City of Zurich, to refund the contribution and to refrain from implementing the project.
(3) Determination of winning ideas
The winning ideas will be determined by means of public voting on the platform mitwirken.stadt-zuerich.ch for each district. The ideas with the most votes will be implemented until the amount of CHF 135,000 for Zurich North (districts 11, 12), CHF 121,000 for Zurich East (districts 1, 6, 7, 8), CHF 143,000 for Zurich South (districts 2, 3, 4) and CHF 141,000 for Zurich West (districts 5, 9, 10) is reached. Any remaining amounts shall be forfeited.
(4) Use and disbursement of contributions
The payments are earmarked project contributions and are not transferable. They must be used for the realisation of the submitted ideas. The winners are obliged to realise the submitted projects by the end of 2022 at the latest. If the projects cannot be implemented by the end of 2022, the Office for Urban Development must be informed. In this case, the Office for Urban Development may reclaim the project contribution.
The City of Zurich shall agree on the modalities for the payment and use of the winners' project contributions with them. The City of Zurich reserves the right to postpone the payment of contributions for an indefinite period of time or to discontinue them definitively and in their entirety if, during or after the process, the initial situation or the general conditions of the project applications (e.g. change in the law prevents realisation, project proves to be unfeasible) or participants (e.g. death of a project initiator) change or if provisions of these conditions of participation are violated.
(5) Reporting on the project and project realisation
After completion of the project, a final report including a final statement of account must be submitted to the Office for Urban Development without a request to do so. The final report refers to the submitted idea and includes at least 1 photo in addition to a short text. The final account refers to the submitted budget. There are no further formal requirements.
IV. General Conditions
City of Zurich, Office for Urban Development, www.stadt-zuerich.ch/stadtentwicklung
(2) Media and communication
Participants agree that the City of Zurich may use the ideas they have submitted in the media, in particular by publishing them in the media and social media.
The winners also agree to be mentioned as such in social media and other electronic or printed means of communication. They also agree to the City of Zurich providing communications support for the realisation of their project.
(3) Validity of the conditions of participation
By participating, participants accept the present conditions of participation as well as the terms and conditions of use of the platform.
(4) Data protection
The data protection provisions of the mitwirken.stadt-zuerich.ch platform apply.
(5) Premature termination
The City of Zurich reserves the right to terminate the project prematurely at any time if proper implementation can no longer be guaranteed for technical, legal or other reasons.
(6) Limitation of liability
To the extent permitted by law, any liability of the City of Zurich is excluded.
(7) Correspondence and legal action
No correspondence will be entered into concerning the project. Legal recourse is excluded.
Date: Zurich, 8 July 2021.