What is a group and how do I create one?
As a group, you can create posts and comments on behalf of an organisation (association, collective, company, etc.). A group works like an independent user, with its own profile and address, except that it can be managed by several existing users. You can appoint group members as administrators, who can then post contributions on behalf of the group. This is useful, for example, if you want to enter and comment on contributions as an individual, but sometimes you also want to submit a project or comment on behalf of an association.
To create a group:
Click on «Create group» in your profile settings at the bottom left of the page.
The window that opens will ask you to fill in several fields:
- Publicly visible name: Name of your organisation, association, collective, group, etc.
- Abbreviation: The abbreviation or account name of the group. Other users can tag your group in posts by writing @abbreviation. You will then receive a notification.
- Email: Email address of your organisation, club, collective, group, etc. Do not use spaces or accents. The email address must not already be registered on the platform.
- Image: Avatar, logo of your organisation, association, collective, group, etc.
- About: Description of your organisation, association, collective, group, etc.
- Phone number: Phone number of your organisation, association, collective, group, etc. Do not use hyphens or spaces.
After you have filled in these fields, click on «Create group».
You will now be directed to the page of the newly created group. In order to manage the group, you must first verify the email address you provided by clicking on the link in the confirmation email. Then you can manage the group: You can add members and see who is following your group. In the menu you can perform various actions:
- Resend confirmation email: Resends a confirmation email to the address you entered when you created the group. Only appears if the group has not yet been confirmed.
- Edit information: Here you can edit the information about your group.
- Manage members: Here you can add, review or delete members or appoint an administrator.
- Manage group admins: Here you can set which users are allowed to administer the group (e.g. adjust information, create posts on behalf of the group).
- Invite members: Allows you to invite users to the group by entering their account name (@accountname).
Once the group is created, it will appear in the public profiles of all members. In order for you to take action as a group, your group must be approved by an administrator. In this way, the platform protects itself from people writing content in the name of an organisation to which it does not belong. If your group is not confirmed within a reasonable period of time (2-3 working days), please contact email@example.com.