What data does the platform store about me?
The data can be divided into two types:
- Your personal data: This data includes your personal details, such as your email address or password. This data is stored in encrypted form. Passwords are never visible from the outside.
- Your generated content: This data includes all data that you generate through your use of the platform. This includes, for example, your ideas, your votes or your comments.
You can view what data the platform stores about you at any time by exporting all of your generated content. This allows you to download all information related to your activity on this platform (example: your comments and your publications). Your profile information (e.g. password) is stored in encrypted form and cannot be downloaded.
This is how I download my data:
- Log in to the platform.
- Click on your name in the top right menu and select "Settings".
- Click on "My data".
- Click on "Request data".
- The platform confirms that it has sent you an e-mail.
- After receiving it, open the e-mail attachment.
- The corresponding .ZIP file is strongly encrypted and can only be loaded with an open-source unpacking software. You need 7-Zip (for Windows), Keka (for MacOS) or PeaZip (for Linux) to open the file. Enter the password contained in the email to open the file.
- Now you can open all data with a table processing tool (e.g. Excel).